Following the latest killing of Reverend Lawan Andimi by Boko Haram terrorists, the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) demanded that President Muhammadu Buhari overhaul his safety council.
The Christian physique by its chairman, His Eminence Dr. Samson Ayokunle requested the President crucial questions concerning intelligence gathering and the sincerity of the combat towards Insurgency.
In its assertion on Thursday, CAN made a few different calls for from President Muhammadu Buhari together with the reversal of latest police promotions and the arrest of Miyetti Allah’s chief.
READ ALSO: Sack All (*10*) Chiefs, CAN Tells Buhari
Below are the ten issues CAN demanded from the President.
1. The President ought to overhaul the safety council with a view of bringing in new heads of all the safety businesses and the para-military which no faith or a part of the nation will dominate.
2. The Federal authorities ought to both label the Miyetti Allah Fulani Association a terrorist organisation as being regarded within the terror index.
3. The Federal Government ought to order the arrest of the management of the Miyetti Allah Groups in who’re sponsoring and perpetuating the crime of Nigeria and prosecute them for all of the killings in Southern Kaduna, Benue, Plateau, and Taraba states, amongst others.
4. The Federal Government ought to publish names of all kingpins of the terrorists who’re in detention and those that are being prosecuted.
5. The Federal Government ought to cease releasing the so-called repented terrorists since they’re reportedly becoming a member of their colleagues within the forest to unleash terror on the land.
6. The Federal Government ought to reverse the latest controversial Police promotion with a view to balancing spiritual and ethnic divides within the nation.
7. The Federal Government ought to cease sending delegations to all Islamic worldwide organisations and let our Muslim counterparts be doing in order we’re doing in all worldwide Christian spiritual organisations.
8. The Federal Government ought to cease discriminating towards our feminine Youth corps who refuse to put on the NYSC trousers for spiritual causes since they permit their Muslim counterparts to put on hijab.
9. The victims of the constant assaults needs to be assessed and adequately compensated. The victims in numerous IDPs be supplied with sufficient safety and sufficient assets for continuous survival.
10. It is painful and a betrayal to notice that the federal government provides extra consideration to so-called repentant terrorists than the victims of their evil with the declare that they’re being reinstated and rehabilitated, even into the Nigerian Army. This is a significant contradiction.
Reverend Andimi who was kidnapped by Boko Haram terrorists in early January, was the chairman of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) in Michika Local Government Area of Adamawa State.
He was murdered by his captors on Monday, regardless of requires his launch by numerous teams, together with the nationwide management of the Christian physique.
In response to his loss of life, President Muhammadu Buhari condemned the killing and pledged that the terrorist pays a heavy value.
The President described the homicide of the clergyman as inhuman and vowed to make sure the insurgents pay dearly for his or her actions.