The General Manager of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) Femi Osanyintolu says a preliminary investigation by his company has revealed the reason for the Balogun Market fireplace outbreak which occurred on Wednesday.
According to him, the fireplace began when somebody was attempting to refuel a powered generator.
He added that no casualty was nonetheless recorded within the incident.
A fireplace outbreak had earlier occurred two months in the past on the identical avenue. This is the same explanation for the inferno.
READ ALSO: Seven Buildings Affected As Fire Guts Section Of Balogun Market
LASEMA additionally confirmed to Channels Television that seven buildings had been affected by the fireplace, out of which two collapsed.
Emergency officers are at present battling the fireplace and attempting to evacuate the adjoining buildings as merchants are making efforts to salvage their items.
See images from the scene…