Connect with us

Latest Aproko

Coronavirus: Infected Driver Drove American, Caregiver From Lagos To Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti Govt

 

 

 

A driver who examined constructive for Coronavirus is alleged to have pushed an American suspected to have contracted COVID-19 and his caregiver, all the best way from the Muritala Mohammed Worldwide Airport Lagos all the way down to Ado-Ekiti. 

Based on an announcement by the Ekiti State authorities, the motive force whose id was not revealed picked his passengers from the airport on the third of March 2020.

From the airport, they headed all the way down to Ibadan the place they spent two weeks earlier than continuing to Ekiti.

In its communique on Wednesday, the Ekiti State Authorities revealed that the 38-year-old driver who’s of Ekiti origin was contaminated whereas driving an American Caucasian, male, 27 years previous, who was visiting Nigeria from Richmond, Virginia, USA within the firm of his caregiver, a Nigerian feminine Age 31, additionally of Ekiti origin.

READ ALSO: COVID-19: Reps Asks FG To Cease Open Worship

Preliminary investigations revealed the American male and his Nigerian feminine caregiver stayed in Ibadan for 2 weeks and arrived Ado Ekiti, Ekiti State on the 13th of March 2020.

A day after their arrival, the American male fell sick and he was taken to a personal hospital the place he was referred to a tertiary hospital. Sadly, he died from issues of his sickness.

The hospital authorities alerted the State Taskforce and samples had been taken from the American male in addition to his two companions.

The check for the male driver got here again constructive; the check for the feminine caregiver got here again destructive whereas the check for the American male was inconclusive.

Quarantine and Contact Tracing Efforts

Consistent with the Nigeria Heart for Illness Management (NCDC) protocols, the Ekiti State Taskforce on COVID-19 says it has already quarantined the confirmed case on admission within the State Isolation Centre, whereas the caregiver who examined destructive, is presently beneath statement in self-isolation.

The Taskforce says it has additionally commenced the method of contact tracing, working with the Federal Ministry of Well being and the World Well being Group (WHO) following the crew’s itinerary since they landed in Nigeria on the third of March 2020.

Based on the communique, the Ekiti State Authorities has additionally contacted the Oyo State Authorities because it was recorded that the motive force and his passengers stayed in Ibadan for 2 weeks earlier than arriving at Ekiti State.

Progress report

The Ekiti State Authorities says the confirmed case could be very secure and never displaying any signs whereas the NCDC will repeat the check for the caregiver who can be in self-isolation.

Additionally, the Ekiti State Process Power on COVID-19 says it’s following the NCDC Case Administration Protocols with diligence and urges Ekiti residents to remain calm and guarantee they observe the prevention steps which can be being publicised on all credible media.

The federal government notes that this possible index case was on a brief go to and had not been in Ekiti State for as much as 72 hours earlier than his loss of life.

Residents are suggested to proceed to take self preventive measures by washing their arms with cleaning soap and water, overlaying their mouths when coughing or sneezing, observing social distancing and to alert the authorities of any suspected case by calling the 112 Emergency Quantity or 09062970434, 09062970435, 09062970436.

The Authorities of Ekiti State says it’s going to proceed to replace the general public on new developments as crucial in its dedication to making sure the security and safety of all Ekiti residents.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *