Connect with us

Latest Aproko

COVID-19: Borno Govt Worried About Citizens Nonchalant Attitude

 

Borno State Deputy Governor, Umar Usman Kadafur has lamented that some residents within the state doubt the existence of COVID-19 in the identical method Boko Haram was initially underrated.

Mr Kadafur, who’s the chairman of the State excessive powered response workforce for the prevention and management of COVID-19 pandemic said this, whereas responding to newsmen at a day by day media replace on the pandemic held on the authorities home in Maiduguri.

He was reacting to a viral social media video that surfaced on Saturday, the place a whole bunch of sympathizers had been seen attending a burial in Maiduguri with out regards to the social distance protocols.

READ ALSO: COVID-19: Scale back Curiosity Charges, Present Tax Reliefs – Tinubu Tells Banks And FG

The deputy governor regretted that regardless of the rising charge of confirmed COVID-19 circumstances in Borno, numerous folks within the state don’t consider the existence of the virus, noting that, it’s fairly unlucky that plenty of folks participated in burial ceremonies and noticed congregational prayers in opposition to the principles of social distancing.

“When Boko Haram began, lots of people felt prefer it was not one thing to be taken significantly, till when it affected everyone.

“So this COVID-19 is one other Boko Haram that’s coming, and lots of people don’t consider it’s actual, and I preserve saying it’s actual and as a response workforce we’ll proceed telling most of the people and reaching out with advocacy Insha Allah we’ll see to the top of this pandemic.” Kadafur mentioned.

Isolation centres half-full

The Borno Deputy Governor, mentioned the state Authorities is establishing one other isolation heart within the state.

In response to him, his committee is working exhausting to ascertain a brand new Isolation Centre, as the 2 present ones at Ngarannam and that of the College of Maiduguri Instructing Hospital (UMTH) within the metropolis have been crammed to 50 per cent capability.

Additionally lending his voice, the state Commissioner of well being, Dr. Salisu Kwayabura mentioned the Response workforce should now start to make use of the “stick”.

“We have now appealed to folks, we’ve spoken to them please use face masks at the least defend your self, defend the neighborhood. However now we’ve gotten to a degree the place we have to apply the stick and we’re other ways and modalities of that nevertheless it has come to a degree the place we’ve to obviously outline defaulters and be capable of prosecute them urgently in keeping with the legal guidelines of the nation.

“If you happen to see the funeral crowd at Bulumkutu even throughout eid celebrations you don’t have that type of crowd strolling round. It’s all there on the social media…Individuals should take this factor significantly not till it will get out of hand.” Kwaya-Bura said.

The Commissioner additionally revealed that, within the final 48 hours, 16 Medical well being staff have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *