Insecurity is a significant concern for Nigeria for the time being and this difficulty has continued to set off debates and protests throughout the nation.
Here are some high quotes from the passing week, that spotlight the socio-political ambiance throughout the nation at the moment.
Also listed are just a few different quotes from occasions that made the information final week, with coronavirus and demise of basketball legend, Kobe Bryant, taking making the headlines.
1. President Buhari goes to complete off these terrorists, he alone can do it.
The Presidency says President Muhammadu Buhari is the very best man to destroy the Boko Haram insurgents within the northeast and produce an finish to their carnage in Nigeria.
2. The president’s choice is the product of a complete and systematic evaluation that was carried out by the Department of Homeland Security, in addition to in partnership with different federal companies.
The US Government speaks on new bans imposed on Nigeria and different international locations.
3. Mr President has misplaced management of safety” including that the nation is “in danger and we are in trouble.
The main opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) asks President Muhammadu Buhari to resign for ‘failing to secure the nation’ and ‘putting her democracy under threat’.
4. Once again, I call on President Trump to consider adopting measures that individually target those in government who have failed in their duties, rather than target the entire Nigerian population.
Former Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar is unhappy about the US Government’s decision to place Nigeria on its travel ban list.
5. President Buhari should resign because he has failed to solve the security challenges in the country, years after Nigerians voted the APC government into power.
The Senate Minority Leader, Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe, has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to resign over the security situation in the country.
6. Comrade Oshiomhole’s ambition to be the ‘ultimate godfather in Edo State is not worth the lives and safety of millions of Edo people.
Edo State Government asks the Presidency and the Inspector General of Police to call the National Chairman of the APC, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole to order and let him know that no one can be above the law of the land.
7. Accordingly, President Muhammadu Buhari has established a committee, to be Chaired by the Hon. Minister of Interior, to study and address the updated U.S. requirements.
President Buhari sets-up a committee to ‘study’ US travel ban.
8. Ask INEC to give you the result of Imo, even excluding that of Governor Hope Uzodinma. You will find that Emeka ought not to have been declared. For me, it is shocking that nobody is interrogating INEC.
The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Mr. Adams Oshiomhole, says Mr. Emeka Ihedioha of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) should not have been declared governor of Imo State.
9. In Akwa Ibom, they don’t hold elections but write results.
Mr Mike Igini indicts his predecessors in Akwa Ibom, saying elections do not hold in the entirety of the state.
10. I am of the opinion that Agba should be released because I think he was just youthfully excited.
Governor Ben Ayade of Cross River says he thinks the embattled journalist (Agba Jalingo) should be released from prison.
11. This is for Burna Boy.
Angelique Kidjo dedicates Grammy Award to Burna Boy, she beat the Nigerian artist in the Contemporary World Music Album.
12. Completely devastated.
Vanessa Bryant speaks out for the first time since her husband Kobe Bryant and daughter Gianna were killed in a horrific helicopter crash.
13. This is a celebration of the 20 years of the blood, the sweat, the tears, the broken-down body, the getting up, sitting down to everything, the countless hours, the determination to be as great as he could be.
LeBron James vows that he and his Los Angeles Lakers teammates would continue the legacy of club icon Kobe Bryant.
14. Tonight is for Kobe.
Top nominee Lizzo kicks off the 2020 Grammys with a tribute to the late basketball legend Kobe Bryant.
15. Speechless and shocked!! REST IN HEAVEN MAMBA.
Twitter reacts to reports of the death of NBA superstar Kobe.
16. Terrible News.
US President Donald Trump says he is sorry to hear reports that basketball legend Kobe Bryant died in a helicopter crash.
17. This is a historic day.
Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu hails a US peace plan for the Middle East as a “realistic path to a durable peace” that assures Israeli sovereignty over the Jordan Valley.
18. Senator Abaribe’s name on President Buhari to resign is silly.
Presidential spokesman, Garba Shehu, describes as silly, the decision by Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe asking President Muhammadu Buhari to resign.
19. I’ll present you that I’m Edo State Governor.
Governor Obaseki of Edo state warns APC chairman, Adams Oshiomhole.
20. Our nice get together could be presenting our petitions to the embassies of the United States of America, the United Kingdom, and the European Union on the State of Affairs within the nation.
Leaders of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) name for the intervention of the United States, United Kingdom, and the European Union within the judgment of the Supreme Court on Imo governorship tussle.